Our mission is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
To carry out our mission, we partner with qualified individuals and families beginning with an orientation session, an application process followed by a series of activities leading up to the build of their new home.
Habitat's path to homeownership is an important and in-depth process, requiring hard work, time and dedication.
By working with us from beginning to end, we help prospective homeowners prepare for the various responsibilities of homeownership, including learning about personal finances, mortgages, the upkeep of a home, and much more.
How to get started:
Attend Space Coast Habitat’s Homeownership Information Session-please note space is limited to 25 people.
- Next Information Session: TBD
Space Coast Habitat ReStore
4515 Babcock Street
Palm Bay, FL 32905
** Space is limited to the first 25 people.
Program qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Between 30% and 80% of the area median income for Brevard County based on family size (see AMI chart).
- Stable income
- Brevard County Resident
- Need for better housing
- Willingness to partner with Space Coast Habitat (sweat equity, down payment, and repay an interest free 30 year mortgage).
- Cannot currently own a home
- No bankruptcies or repossessions in the last 7 years
- After completion of the Information Session, potential homeowners will go through a pre-screening process.
- If the potential homeowner passes the pre-screening process, they will need to gather a specified list of required documents.
- An appointment will be made to turn in required documents and complete a full application by a 3rd party partner.
- The completed application is submitted by the 3rd party partner and reviewed by Space Coast Habitat.
- A home visit is scheduled and conducted by Space Coast Habitat.
- The completed application packet is submitted to Space Coast Habitat’s Board of Directors for review.
- Applicants will receive a letter of acceptance or non-acceptance (with a reason).